Wednesday, August 20, 2008

August 19th...


Such a random day... however, 11 years ago, as this day found us racing to hospital after hospital and being surrounded by family and hundreds of friends, random it was not! Yes, this day marks the 11th anniversary of Garry's brain "thing" (as Kaleb calls it!) As I laid down to bed last night, I was reminded of how tired I was that night as I finally laid down to sleep after 21 exhausting hours of disbelief, emotion, & confusion. I knew that the Lord could take Garry from me at any moment. After all, he is one of His rightful belongings. But, what an awesome God we serve, Garry has been making memories with Kaleb, Karsyn & I every since. The road was long and painful, but we did not have to travel it alone! God gave me tremendous strength through our quest, and a lot of that strength came from all of our family & friends that so graciously spent hours upon hours with me at the hospital day in and day out! I just want to say THANK YOU to all of you for that! You know who you are... and we love each and every one of you! Words could never express how thankful I am for each of you and your role in our adventure!! Happy Anniversary Garry! Love you!

1 comment:

lb said...

i am catching up on your dear families blog. i am glad that despite stitches, the first day of school and football, Gary is around to see it all. we still remember the first time we visited church and everyone in S.S. was praying over Gary... it still gives me goose bumps... love your blog. l.bain